Guest Author Rosalie Lario (Contest, Ahoy!)–And Kick-Ass Heroes… Back to Blog
Today I am turning the blog over to awesome author Rosalie Lario! Rosalie, thank you so much for coming by today–and I sure can’t wait to read your new book!
The Supernatural Lover’s Guide to Kick-Ass Heroes by Rosalie Lario
First off, I’d like to thank Cynthia for letting me invade her blog today. Cynthia was kind enough to provide the cover quote for my first book, Blood of the Demon, and I was lucky to meet her at a later conference, where I discovered (as I suspected) that she is full of awesome.
I’m here celebrating the release of my latest book, Mark of the Sylph (Demons of Infernum #2), and I thought I’d do that by talking about my favorite subject: kick-ass heroes, and by offering some prize pack giveaways! But first, here’s a blurb:
Half-demon Taeg is desperate to free his pregnant sister-in-law, who is spellbound to an indestructible book that will create an army of the undead. He is convinced that an ancient sword can destroy the book and the spell forever, but this relic has been hidden for a millennia by a powerful glamour. The clock begins to run out on his search when an old rival goes after the book and Taeg’s family in his quest for revenge.
Librarian Maya Flores has a secret: she’s immune to magic and is well aware of the supernatural beings prowling the streets of New York City. Haunted by a brutal demon attack that took her family, she is on a one-woman mission to destroy the evil demons who did it—and any others who get in her way.
Maya is Taeg’s best hope for uncovering the sword. Unfortunately, she wants nothing more than to kill him. As he fights for her trust and to save his family, she is forced to face the truth that not all demons are evil. And the worst part? She might be falling in love with one, too.
Okay, so clearly it’s no secret that I prefer my heroes to have a little bit extra to them. Yeah, they have to be hot, caring, and protective of their heroine. But I love a little bite, too.
Yes, I’m talking about a supernatural hero!
There’s something about a hero with abilities that sucks me right into the storyline. Call it the ultimate escapism, if you will. Or maybe I’m just that big of a dreamer. I mean, it could happen…right? So I’m sharing my guide for what makes a perfect supernatural hero:
- Stronger than human. Who wants a man with regular old strength, when you can get one with superhuman strength? This is especially so in the paranormal genre, where characters are generally up against badass villains and face larger-than-life situations.
- Faster than human. See above.
- Willing to play by his own rules. Supernatural heroes are already outside the normal realm, so it stands to reason that the regular rules won’t apply to them. A supernatural hero lives by his own rules, and damn anyone who gets in the way of that.
- Able to use intellect when appropriate, but if not, okay with kicking some ass. There’s nothing sexier than an intelligent hero, one who doesn’t have to resort to violence in order to come out on top. But there are times when intellect alone won’t solve a problem. So a supernatural hero must be willing to get his hands dirty, if that’s what it takes.
- Sexy. This one’s a no-brainer. Just because a hero is supernatural doesn’t mean that grotesque is okay. Maybe he’s got horns or fangs or glowing red eyes, but if he does, they’ve got to look good on him.
- Full of humor, preferably of the wiseass variety. Because humor is HOT!
Mark of the Sylph features my ideal supernatural hero. Even though half demon Taeg has glowing red eyes when unglamoured, the man is still sexy as sin. He also isn’t afraid to crack a joke, and he’d much rather do that than fight. But if need be, he’ll throw down with the best of ‘em!
I’d love to know what you paranormal lovers enjoy most about supernatural heroes! And don’t forget to enter the Rafflecopter contest below.
Mark of the Sylph, Book 2 of the Demons of Infernum series, Now Available!Tweet It