Homemade Ice Cream for the 4th!!! Back to Blog
Hope those in the U.S. have a great 4th of July!!
And, as promised, here’s the recipe for the oh-so-tasty homemade ice cream…
1 can of evaporated milk
1 cup of sugar
1 gallon whole milk (or you can substitute reduced fat milk)
1 tbsp salt
2 tbsp vanilla extract
2 bags of ice
1 box of rock salt
- Separate egg yolks and egg whites (put yolks in one bowl and whites in another).
- Add salt to the egg whites. Mix until light and fluffy.
- Pour can of evaporated milk into bowl containing egg yolks. Add one cup of sugar. Mix thoroughly.
- Combine mixed egg whites and yolks. Add vanilla. Again, mix thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into ice cream maker. Add whole milk until you reach the “fill” line.
- Secure the top of the freezer. Add ice as needed around the freezer and pour rock salt around the outside of freezer.
- Turn on ice cream maker and wait for your cold treat.