My Top Ten Super Easy Adult Halloween Costumes Back to Blog
I always face a dilemma at this time of the year…What costume should I wear? And do I really just have to pick one costume? (My son currently has 3 and we still have several weeks before Halloween arrives–I’m so jealous.)
So for today’s Halloween party time, I thought I’d share some of my costume ideass with you–and hopefully, you’ll share some of your faves with me. These are all super easy, and pretty much require minimal effort.
10. Black Cat. Come on–it’s easy and sexy. Basic black, baby. There is no going wrong with this one.
9. Witch. Have broom, will fly. You can do a sexy witch, you can do a scary witch, you can do a good witch. I constantly have a supply of witch hats at my house, so this is always my go-to outfit.
8. Vampire. Drink! Drink up! The cool thing about this is that thanks to shows like True Blood (so addicted), you can just wear any clothes you want. The days of having to dress up in Dracula’s cloak are gone. Just wear your normal clothes and flash some fang when the mood suits you. Adding a little fake blood to your chin would be a good touch.
7. Sookie. Yes, we’re talking True Blood, so let me just throw this one out there. Put your hair in a ponytail, put on a white t-shirt and a pair of black shorts. Bam–you’re Sookie. Some of us have a natural southern accent (ahem) so that part is easy to cover. For others–just fake it! (Update: For a more authentic Sookie-look, don’t forget the blond hair!)
6. Medusa. What? Were you expecting this one? You can be a hip, cool Medusa. Again, just wear your street clothes. Medusa can semi-adapt to modern times. Normal clothes, but snakey hair. Go to your local Walmart (or any store that sells toys) and buy some cheap, plastic snakes. Braid them into your hair–and you’re Medusa.
5. Zombie. Everyone loves a good zombie, right? Cut up the bottom of some old pants, dirty up your shirt, and put lots of white makeup on your face (and black makeup around your eyes). Start grunting and groaning as you walk after folks…it’s zombie time.
4. Jason from–yeah, all those Friday the 13th movies that I love. Put on a big, old coat, grab some work boots, and don’t forget to snag your favorite hockey mask. Then prepare to terrorize every kid who comes to your door. Oh, fun.
3. Cousin It. I am such a fan of the Adam’s Family. Grab a hat. Attach as much yarn to it as you can–now, you’re Cousin It. You’re creepy and you’re kooky.
2. Greek goddess. Sheet, baby–sheet. Toga yourself and hold your head up like a queen, or, um, goddess.
1. Werewolf. Normal clothes work fine…as long as the full moon isn’t out. If it is, slice up the sleeves of your shirt and buy some of the furry wolf gloves you can get at your friendly costume shop. The gloves can put you in semi-wolf shift. Then, howl occasionally for fun.